- BUS PASS PURCHASE
- BUS USE FEES
- BUS ROUTE SCHEDULES & DESIGNATED BUS STOPS
- REPLACEMENTS & REFUNDS
- RULES & SAFETY GUIDELINES
- TRANSPORTATION FORMS
- ADDITIONAL TRANSPORTATION RESOURCES
Families wishing to utilize school bus transportation for TK-8th grade students must purchase a bus pass online. Bus passes are only available for purchase online and are no longer available for purchase in-person at the Business Office. Bus passes purchased online will be sent to the student at their school site. Please review all rules and safety guidelines. Please be aware that TK and kindergarten students must be received at the bus stop by a parent or designated adult. Bus drivers will release all other grade students at their designated bus stop without a parent present. The parent or guardian is responsible for the student until they board the bus and after they disembark from the bus.
We are pleased to announce the return to our online bus pass purchase system. It is important to note that capacity restrictions may limit quantities if distancing guidelines are still in effect. If you rely solely on bus transportation for your student, please consider a timely response once the purchase window opens. Routes may fill quickly and passes may not be available to all who seek bus transportation.
To aid in your bus stop selection, please review the posted bus routes for each school site before following the purchase link. Please carefully consider your online pass options before completing your purchase, as bus passes are non-refundable and changes require the purchase of a replacement pass.
Link available now:
Links opening August 9 (select a link option for one time payment or monthly rebilling over 10 months):
2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR BUS PASS PURCHASE LINK - ONE TIME PAYMENTS
2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR BUS PASS PURCHASE LINK - MONTHLY PAYMENTS
District-paid applications are submitted via email to email@example.com. It is recommended applications be submitted in advance of the upcoming school year.
District-Paid Bus Pass Application Printable Forms
District-Paid Bus Pass Application Fillable Forms
Times may vary from the schedule due to conditions such as passenger loading, traffic, and roadway issues.
Not all stops are in use at all times. School site bus schedules reflect stops currently in use.
Does my student need a bus pass?
A current LBUSD printed pass is required to ride the bus. The bus pass tells the driver who the student is, where the student needs to be dropped off, and if the student needs to be met by an adult.
How do I get my child's bus pass?
Bus passes are delivered to your student at their school site. Bus drivers will have a list of eligible riders for morning transport on the first day of school. After such time, students must present a pass to the driver upon boarding.
What if I cannot afford a bus pass?
Annual passes now offer a pay over time option. The total due may be divided into monthly payments for automatic rebilling to your credit card.
District-paid bus passes may be requested at any time. Qualifying criteria is based on the California Department of Education free eligibility guidelines for the current school year and requires supporting documentation as listed on the form. Only complete, signed applications with copies of all required documents will be considered. It is recommended District-paid applications be submitted in advance of the upcoming school year.
Am I required to meet my child at the bus stop?
We require TK & kindergarten students to be met at the bus stop by a parent or designated adult. It is recommended all students be met by a parent or parent designee. We also encourage all students to walk together in groups. The parent or guardian is responsible for the student until they board the bus and after they disembark from the bus.
What if my child wants to go home with a friend?
Students may only board and disembark according to the bus and stop number printed on their pass. We provide home to school and school to home transportation. Day-to-day changes are not permitted for the safety of your student. We no longer offer infrequent use coupons. Drivers are not authorized to make any stop changes or accommodate change requests. Parents are responsible for making their own transportation arrangements for end of day plan changes such as playdates, birthday parties, sport events, and Boys & Girls Club closures.
What if my child needs to go to more than one location?
We offer one bus route selection per student. Families with dual household custody arrangements may may create a hybrid pass for both home locations, provided room exists on both routes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Documentation may be requested as verification.
What if I need to make a permanent change to my child's bus pass?
A permanent change to a bus pass may be requested via email to email@example.com and requires the purchase of a replacement pass, provided room exists on the requested route. Please allow 2 business days for a pass change request to be processed following payment completion.
May I make a temporary change to my child's bus pass?
We understand the need for a temporary transportation change arises from time to time and offer a one-week temporary round trip bus pass for additional purchase. Week-long bus passes may be purchased online, provided room exists on the requested route. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request. Include your student's name, school site location, dates requested, and stop locations when requesting the temporary pass. Please allow 2 business days for the temporary pass to be processed following payment completion. Students must present a printed pass in order to board the bus.
My child left an item on the bus, how do I get it back?
Drivers check their buses after each run. Contact your child's bus driver the following day. You may also call Durham Transportation directly at (949) 376-0376. Labeling all of your child's belongings with your child's name and school is helpful.
How do I replace a lost bus pass?
A $5 replacement fee is charged for lost bus passes or changes to printed bus passes. Replacement passes may be purchased online using the one-time bus pass purchase link above.
Can I pack a snack for my child to eat on the bus?
For the safety of all students, we do not permit food or drinks on the bus.
Why are buses sometimes late?
School bus drivers do all they can to remain on schedule; however, they do experience conditions that can delay the bus such as traffic delays, roadway collisions, and construction. All students are asked to be at their bus stop ten minutes prior to the departure time so that students are ready to leave when the bus arrives.
Are refunds available?
Refunds are only issued if a student moves out of the District or to a non-transportable area. All requests for refunds are submitted via email to email@example.com. The physical pass must be surrendered to complete the refund request. Refunds are prorated based on full, unused months and a $10 processing fee is charged.
Bus passes are considered the property of LBUSD. Accordingly, each student is expected to safeguard his or her bus pass and must present it to the driver upon boarding the bus each day. LBUSD assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen passes.
A $5 replacement fee is charged for lost bus passes and may be purchased online.
Refunds are only issued if a student moves out of the District or to a non-transportable area. Requests for refund are submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the form below. Refunds are prorated based on full, unused months and a $10 processing fee is charged. The District does not refund fares for students who are suspended or expelled from transportation or school for disciplinary reasons. The bus pass itself must be submitted along with the refund request.
Rules and Safety Guidelines
- Face coverings/masks are required at all times on buses for students
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times, including waiting at the bus stop and while riding the bus
- Flexible riding options are not available; students may only board and disembark according to the bus number and stop printed on their pass
- Kindergartners (including TK) must be received at the bus stop by a parent or designated adult; bus drivers will release all other grade students at their designated bus stop without a parent present
- The parent or guardian is responsible for the student until they board the bus and after they disembark from the bus
- Student safety depends upon the proper and safe conduct of each individual
- Students are responsible for safekeeping, controlling, and presenting their bus passes
- Use only the designated bus stop and bus assigned
- Arrive at bus stop ten minutes before bus is due
- Behave in an orderly manner at bus stop: As bus arrives, form a line and stand at least six feet back from curb; do not move toward bus until it has come to a complete stop and door is open
- Be respectful of neighbors while walking to and from the bus stop and while waiting for the bus
- Use only public access on the way to and from the bus stop
- Always obey all traffic laws
- Display bus pass to the driver upon boarding the bus
- Board the bus, find a seat quickly and remain seated at all times, facing front, while bus is in motion
- Follow instructions of the driver: Drivers may assign seats, assign three to a seat, assign seat mates, and take other actions needed for safe passage of the students
- Talk quietly: Do not shout, yell, use profane language or gestures, fight, or behave in a boisterous manner
- Keep all body parts inside the bus
- Not eat, drink, or chew gum, while on the bus
- Not bring animals, glass objects, or large bulky or hazardous articles of any kind on the bus, including boogie boards, bike wheels, and skateboards
- Not litter the bus or engage in vandalism, destruction of property, or graffiti (costs will be billed to the student and their parent)
- Not possess or use tobacco, drugs or alcohol, firearms, knives, explosives, or other dangerous objects aboard the bus
- Not light matches, lighters or firecrackers aboard the bus
- Not play or tamper with any part of the bus
- Not ask driver to discharge students anywhere but at a designated bus stops, in accordance with the law
- Remain quiet at the bus stops
- When exiting the bus, follow the drivers' instructions: If crossing on the opposite side of the street, always cross in front of the bus, and utilize the crosswalk, obeying all traffic laws
- Respect the danger zone around the bus
This section is pursuant to Ed. Code Sections 39831.3-39831.5 and Vehicle Code Section 22112.
Student Behavior and Discipline
All policies and rules regarding safety, behavior, and discipline on the school bus remain in effect. Parents are encouraged to review the student responsibilities and Durham's rules and regulations with their student(s). With parent assistance the cooperation of all student riders, the District is able to continue to provide safe transportation.
Abuse or Misuse of Bus Pass
The following standards of progressive action regarding abuse/misuse of bus transportation are established and are separate from school disciplinary measures.
1. Using or attempting to use a stolen, found, or forged bus pass:
- 1st Offense: Driver confiscates pass, and privileges are suspended for ten(10) days
- 2nd Offense: Bus privileges suspended for remainder of school year
2. Allowing another student to use one's own buss pass:
- 1st Offense: Bus Pass confiscated, attached to bus conduct report, and turned in to school
- 2nd Offense: Bus privileges suspended for remainder of school year
3. Using or attempting to use an expired bus pass:
- 1st Offense: Driver confiscates Bus Pass and issues bus conduct report
- 2nd Offense: Bus privileges suspended for five (5) days
- 3rd Offense: Bus privileges suspended for ten (10) days
- 4th Offense: Bus privileges suspended for remainder of school year
Possession of any pass which is not the property of the possessor, shall constitute evidence of improper possession and use, or attempted use, and is reason to exercise disciplinary measures.
Students Without a Bus Pass
- If the student is not listed on the designated bus stop list and is at the bus stop, student is transported to school, and the driver notifies the school office
- The school office contacts the parent(s) to explain the Transportation Fee Program
- Students without a bus pass will not be allowed to ride the bus home from school